October Numbers

Sunday, October 31, 2010
My October o' running was overall on the C+ to B- side. I had two unplanned low mileage weeks (one where I started to get the flu and another where I actually got it), a decent race, and a hip problem that I was almost sure was not going to end well.

So here it goes:

Week ending Oct 2: 61 miles, 413 minutes
Week ending Oct 9: 35 miles, 239 minutes
Week ending Oct 16: 32 miles, 223 minutes
Week ending Oct 23: 51 miles, 358 minutes

This week:

Sun: Mayor's Cup 8k - ran 26:50.
Felt pretty god awful from the start of it but I picked it up a lot the last minute, which means I should have been picking it up from about 3 miles in. I'd like another crack at my 8k PR from college (26:38 @ VCP) so I might find a 5 miler somewhere around Pittsburgh for Thanksgiving.
about 10.75 miles on the day
Mon: DNR
Tue: Insanely warm.
AM: 7 miles with one Mr. Crabtree at Cold Spring.
PM: 6.5 miles up and down Comm Ave.
13.5 total
Wed: Grotesquely long intervals, ones that would offend the very heart of a decent man.
4 x 7 minutes on, 3 minutes off - sucked it up in the back with Mr. Alliette.
about 12.25 miles total.
Thu: Woke up and it felt like someone took a hammer to my hip joint. DNR. It kind of came un-stuck eventually during the day but I was leery of running on it.
Fri: 10 miles down to Cleveland Res, 2 loops, and back.
Sat: Woke up with my hip frozen in place again, but it came together enough by the time I'd finished warming up to run the workout.
The workout was 6 x 4 minutes on, 1 minute off - other guys did 8 but I kept it on the lower side and the slower side because of the hip problem. Total 8.75 - cut the cool down shorter to stretch.
Week: 55 miles.

The hip thing is aggravating but at least I woke up today without it going nuts. I may have just pulled something in a minor way during some run this week (probably the workout on Wednesday if anything). My hip flexor has been bothering me for a long time (since...February?) but that's not quite the same thing as what happened this week.

Pretending both problems don't (didnt?) exist probably won't help, though - I asked Archard / Ballard for a good masseuse-y-chiro-thera-wonderworker and I'll see if I can't set that up soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment