Hurk - Blah

Saturday, November 13, 2010
It hasn't been a great last two weeks in general. I think I have somehow managed to tweak my hip, hip flexor, and calf muscle in succession - so all three are irritating me in various ways throughout the day. Workouts that involve hills have been a little bit of a problem, and maybe recovering from the 10k is taking a while too. If I can get away with not working out at Heartbreak for the rest of the month until indoors, I think I should be fine. I am planning on hooking up with a chiro / sports massage guy just in case there's anything that they can tweak that will make my daily efforts a little easier. I'm also going to start driving (again) to the Res instead of running on the road to get there. My relationship with asphalt just really isn't working out.

Anyhoo, last two weeks.

Week starting Oct 31
Sun: 13 mi / 90 minutes with JeffPa at Battle Road. My oh my he is incompetent at catching leaves.
Mon: off
Tue: 6 mi warmup / cooldown
15 x 1 minute hill. Handed off the crown to Foote. Probably wasn't my most brilliant idea to run this workout since hills are what is killing my hip flexor.
11 total
Wed: 8.5 mi / 65 min sloooow to give my old man's joints a break.
Thur: 8.5 mi / 64 min still sloooow.
Fri: off - went out the door and ran for about 30 seconds and thought better of it. Didn't feel dandy.
Sat: 5.5 mi / 38 minutes not too bad overall.
45 miles / 336 minutes

Week starting Nov 7th
Sun: 5.75 mi warmup / cooldown
10k race at Franklin - New Englands - 33:48. Not too bad - went out a lot slower. While I was stuck beside a Jeff Bridges lookalike for a great deal of the opening of the race, the pace was a great deal steadier. If I'd been more patient at Mayor's Cup two weeks prior I probably would have had a better day there too. Also tooled on J. "Huge Biceps" Paterno. Suck it!
12 total
Mon: 8.5 mi / 65 min not as terrible as I'd expected, but still terrible.
Tue: 6.75 mi / 51 min also not good.
Wed: 4 mi warmup / cooldown (cut short cooldown because hip HURT)
Tempo - hill - tempo ...just didn't go well. My hip flexor started hurting during the hill portion (surprise!) and continued hurting on the way back.
9 total
Thu: Off
Fri: 6.5 mi / 48 minutes up and down Comm Ave.
Sat: 6 mi warmup / cooldown
3 by 3 minutes (2R), 3 by 2 minutes (2R), 4 by 1 minute (1R) at Lincoln
Opted for trainers rather than flats so I could hopefully let my calves recover. Not very good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment