Something About Horses

Thursday, January 21, 2010
I am currently expelling all sorts of green matter from my throat after my first real race this track season. I am never too thrilled to make the reacquaintance of track hack, but this is an especially unwieldy case of it. It has effectively stripped me of all the enjoyment of running this week, and that definitely takes quite a bit of doing.

As of today it's settled down a bit, so I hope that tomorrow at work my cubicle-neighbor Teresa doesn't give me the horrified-mother look. Most of my coworkers are of the child-rearing age, so sometimes I feel more like the...young nephew, or something, more than a peer. In some ways that's more or less correct - they do have a lot more job experience (both particular to this job and any computer science job) and life experience. It's also nice to know that there are benevolent people looking out for you.

Still, being at Reggie with Chris, Steve, Tim, Jeff, and Kevin remains the truest feeling of 'home' that I get here in Massachusetts. It is only peered by running along Battle Road or Cutler Park in perfect weather, or laying comatose on the Bentley track after doing fast 400's.

Hopefully, next week will be a little more sane in terms of getting out there and not feeling like trash.

In other news, a band name was chosen this past Monday! If you see me out in public, from now on I'd like you to say "Oh, hey, there goes one half of the musical supergroup Wild Pale Stallions! Why, it's Philip. He's absolutely ravishing."

Also musically, Will introduced me to Pure Reason Revolution, which has been pretty much the only thing I've listened to all week. Hopefully I won't wear it out! This is the one that is currently stuck in my head (Goshen's Remains): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDHW8bsHB0w

I'm going to go sip on this hot lemonade and ruminate on important matters. Au revoir.

0 comments:

Post a Comment