It's So God Damned Hot

Monday, July 5, 2010
First week back at running. I never really feel like I lose a ton from taking time off - it's more just that summer descends, spreading like a contagion across my days. A contagion of heat! I don't handle running in hot weather very well at all. So far, though, it's not been bad - I think not taking a long time off and sleeping in a room where the ceiling fan has been laid to rest has helped.

I started this week on Monday w/ Steve, but I'm gonna go back to counting from Sunday - it helps me not go crazy on Sundays to get extra mileage in to hit some round number.

Mon: 35 min, 5 mi - Just tooling around Newton.
Tue: 52 min, 7 mi - at Bentley, warmup loop + woods. Talked to Kevin about USATFs afterwards, and also managed to get scolded by a 15 year old for wearing skimpy shorts.
Wed: 54 min, 7.25 mi - in the morning with Will C. Didn't feel too bad even though I had something like 5 hours of sleep. That did catch up to me later in the day, though.
Thu: 38 min, 5.35 mi - Steve picked up a Garmin and as such some of these mileage numbers are gonna be pretty precise. They've gotten a lot more compact since I had one in 2004 or so - that thing was like wearing a laptop on your wrist.
Fri: 48 mins, 7.02 mi - A couple of loops around the Res, which is officially 1.55 miles around.
Sat: 60 mins, 8.25 mi - Up to Cold Spring, 2.5 loops, and back.
Sun: 70 mins, 10 mi - A really hellishly hot run at Battle Road.

total: 50 miles, 354 minutes

0 comments:

Post a Comment