MPW

Wednesday, October 28, 2009
I'm a little late with this one. Whoops.

Last week was a little lighter than I would have liked - Sunday I was stuck on I90 during the snowstorm (yes...in October, how awesome!) and Monday my shins were exploding into a thousand tiny shards.

I have a tendency to miss a day and then do just fine on the rest. So far, this week, I've not had that problem, but I'll wait till I get to the end of it to make any grandiose claims.

Sun - off
Mon - 4.25 mi
Tues - 11.25 mi (90-60-30 hills at heartbreak)
Weds - 8 mi
Thurs - 8.5 mi
Fri - 8.25 mi
Sat - 8.25 mi

A whopping 48.5 total. Oh well. The rolling 7 days from this day back looks more like low 60's, so I'm on the right track, at least. Har har.

Also, I ran a little shindig on Sunday that some folks from around here may know about - Mayor's Cup. A fine and dandy 8k in Franklin Park - however, this year (its 20th) found the course in disarray and in mostly liquid form. I eked out a 28:04 for my first cross race in 2 years. Not bad, not great. I would have liked to run more like 27:30 but I get another opportunity at New Englands in a week or two. That's 10k, though - ugh. Going past 8k is truly not my strong point. I don't actually feel all that tired for having moved up the mileage again, though - and the weather is at least cooperating.

0 comments:

Post a Comment