Activision

Wednesday, November 4, 2009
As much as I hate the CEO of Blizzard-Activision right now (Bobby Kotick - and I quote, "The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games.") his company might actually release something good in the near future. A few somethings good - Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3. Furthermore, Activision is rehashing yet another Call of Duty sequel.

So, with them beating financial estimates the past 2 quarters, plus having retardedly strong games coming out (Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 may end up being one of the most sold games ever...and let us not speak of Starcraft 2) I dropped some cash on their stock as soon as it dipped two days ago. I ended up buying it at $10.40 a share, so we'll see how it does. If it increases enough just on earnings reports afterhours tomorrow, I may just bail and take my free money with me. If not, it is definitely certain to jump on Modern Warfare 2's release - and if that's not good enough either, I will twiddle my thumbs until SC2 comes out.

If that plays out, I am not quite sure what my next move is - I've been eyeing General Electric for quite some time, and it might also be good to re-invest in Microsoft. We'll see! I am really hoping I don't get the shit kicked out of me come tomorrow evening, though. I've been dealt nothin' but aces so far this year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment