MPW

Saturday, November 21, 2009
In the olden days of collegiate running, I used to count cross training as mileage. I did it mostly because my mileage would look kind of pathetic otherwise, and I did a lot of cross training. Concrete surfaces as far as the eye can see (such is the lot of New Jerseyian life) does not lend itself well to running without injury - at least for me.

I don't cross-train nearly as much anymore (besides lifting) - I will do it if I am just woefully mentally unprepared for anything else that day. And also I've just found a way that I can handle slightly respectable mileage. So it is pretty awesome, in my mind, that I've run more miles than I ever have before this week. I guesstimated in college that I'd ran something like 80 including crosstraining (yea upon 4 hours or so a week - clearly that does something, it's just not clear what) but this is just all running.

Sun: Did the workout that I'd missed yesterday due to sleeping in. (Maybe not the greatest idea to reschedule it a day later, but...c'est la vie. It's done, can't undo it) 8 x 3 minutes on, 2 minutes off, on some road in New Haven - sadly the fields around the Yale Bowl were occupied with lacrosse games. 11 mi
Mon: 65 min / 9 mi
Tues: Workout at the Res: 5k tempo, 4 minutes rest, 5x 1 min on / off, 4 minutes rest, 3 minutes @ 5k pace
10.5 mi
Weds: 62 min / 8.25 mi
Thurs: 59 min / 8.25 mi
Fri: 62 min / 8.5 mi
Sat: Workout at Lincoln - 5/4/3/2/1 (3R) 3/2/1, taking half rest for the first set, then 2 minutes after the second 3 minute interval - and normal after that. Felt surprisingly decent. 11 mi

So, in grand ballyhooing total, that's 66.5 miles. I've never really stayed over 60 for any sustainable amount of time - perhaps I can make it happen. I am going to go ice my shins and whisper into a microphone, though. Au revoir, pour maintenant.

0 comments:

Post a Comment